BRAMBLE COCKTAIL RECIPE
Why We Love the Bramble Cocktail
Created by Dick Bradsell in the 1980s, the Bramble is a fantastic spring cocktail. The cocktail contains dry gin, lemon juice, sugar syrup, crème de mûre, and crushed ice. We love the Bramble Cocktail because it's simple to make and is a well balanced drink. With sweet and sour tones the Bramble has a classic taste and is very popular in the UK.
Our Bramble Cocktail Recipe
We've kept our Bramble Cocktail recipe simple, so you can easily make these for your guests or yourself.Gin
You can include whatever drink you have, but we would recommend a dry gin for an iconic flavour.Lemon Juice
Freshly squeezed is always preferred. This helps balance out the sweetness of the drink.
You can buy sugar syrup or make your own, making your own is surprisingly easy.Crème de mûre
Crème de mûre is a dark liqueur and gives the cocktail its bitterness. You can also use blackberry liqueur.Fresh Blackberries
Adding fresh blackberries on top of the cocktail gives the Bramble its unique appearance.Double Dutch Double Lemon
The addition of Double Dutch Double Lemon takes the bramble cocktail to the next level.
- 50ml Gin
- 30ml lemon juice
- 15ml sugar syrup
- 15ml Crème de mûre
- fresh blackberries
- Double Dutch Double Lemon.
- Rocks glass
- Spirits jigger cocktail shaker
- Pour 50ml Gin
- 25ml lemon juice and sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice.
- Strain the mixture into a rocks glass full of crushed ice.
- Drizzle the crème de mure over the top so it 'bleeds' into the drink.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries.
- Top with Double Dutch Double Lemon.