As a forward-thinking business, Double Dutch is dedicated to ensuring that your privacy is always protected and valued. Our team members, like yourself, are regular users of brand websites so we recognise and appreciate the importance of keeping your data safe. We want to assure you that any identifiable information we ask you to provide, whilst using our website or digital platforms or though other company contact channels, will only ever be used in line with this privacy statement. We aim to uphold the highest standards in this regard.
We may choose to periodically amend and update this policy by updating this page. We recommend that you check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. We will let you know of any significant changes but for now we just want to protect your information rights in line with GDPR. This policy is effective from May 24 2018.
Our Data Collection
Information you provide to us voluntarily.
- We collect your information when you register or create an account, ask to sign up to receive our marketing and during the course of email exchanges with us and as part of any customer support interactions.
- The information we collect includes name and email address.
Information we collect through your use of our website.
- IP address of device(s) used;
- Browser type;
- Operating system and device type;
- Referring website addresses;
- Access times and dates; and
- Approximate location e.g. London.
The data collected enables us to ensure that information presented on our website is more helpful and relevant.
What we do with the information we collect?
We require this information to understand your needs and overall provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services throughout our business offering.
- Where you have ‘opted in’ to receive our marketing, using the personal data you have provided we may periodically send you email or mail communications to promote our products and service
How long do we keep your information?
We only keep your information for as long as is necessary for the purposes listed above. When it is no longer a requirement to store your information we will delete it securely. Please note if you ask us to stop processing your information for marketing purposes, we will be happy to oblige.
How we keep your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is protected and kept safe and secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to protect any information we collect online.
Other Information we collect from you
When you contact Double Dutch through one of the email addresses displayed on our website we may collect your email address and any other information you provide in that email (such as your name, telephone number and the information contained in any signature block in your email).
When you contact Double Dutch via our online contact form in order for us to process your enquiry or service your requests we need to collect your Name, Company Name, Phone Number and Email Address as well as any other data you complete when filling out our contact form.
If you do not fill out the mandatory information required then you will not be able to submit the form.
Your rights (objection and access to the information we hold)
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
Your right of access.
- If you ask us, we will confirm if we are processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details).
Your right to rectification.
- If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have this rectified.
Your right to erasure.
- You also have the right, in certain circumstances to ask us to delete or remove the personal information we have stored for you. For example if we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
Your right to restrict processing.
- You can ask us to stop or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as if you wish to challenge the accuracy of the data we have stored or have an objection to us continuing to process it. However this does not stop us from storing the information for purposes such as marketing suppression etc.
Your right to object.
- You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we’re:
- relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal information, unless we can demonstrate justifiable legal grounds for said processing; or
- Processing your personal information for direct marketing.
Your right to withdraw consent.
- If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
We ask you to please raise the matter with our team so we can help you.
- If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we’ve handled your personal information, you can report it to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
You can find details about how to do this on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
To exercise your legal rights please contact us on email@example.com