BANK HOLIDAY BBQ!
A summer BBQ with Double Dutch
With a bank holiday weekend to look forward to we thought we would give you some ideas of how to enjoy Double Dutch as part of some lovely summer meals!
Here are one of our favourite pairings with foods from around the world.
Mezze madness: Pomegranate & Basil is the perfect partner to any middle eastern food. If you would rather a soft drink, then enjoy it alone over ice or try something a bit different and make a classic T&T (tequila & tonic).
Other than creating some fabulous and refreshing drinks, Double Dutch can also be used in food recipes to create some innovative alternatives to a traditional recipe.
Cucumber & Watermelon Ice Cream
The classic flavours of a G&T work unbelievably well in Ice Cream. Try Double Dutch Cucumber & Watermelon ice cream:
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 600ml Double cream
- 200ml Double Dutch Cucumber & Watermelon
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
- Fresh raspberries and cucumber ribbon to garnish
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl
- Whip ingredients with an electric mixer for 6-8 minutes
- Pour the mix into a freezer proof dish and leave to freeze overnight
- Enjoy in the sun with fresh raspberries and a cucumber ribbon
Tips for Making a Great Cucumber & Watermelon Ice Cream
To make your ice cream light and airy, re-whisk the ice cream after it has been in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
If you want to try making some different flavours then swap out our Cucumber & Watermelon for Pomegranate & Basil or Cranberry & Ginger Tonic.
And most importantly of all, Enjoy your long weekend!