What will it entail?
The annual Bartender Scholarship Programme has been set up to empower aspiring female bartenders and mixologists in the UK – to foster up-and-coming talent through a line-up of unique educational sessions. Open to women aged 21 and over who are already working within the industry or are looking to break into bartending, it will encompass professional training and bespoke mentoring.
Double Dutch is partnering with several industry icons who will take on important roles as mentors, offering expert, one-to-one training and sharing their knowledge, insights and advice.
The holistic mentoring scheme will embrace a diverse array of topics, from molecular pairing, creating classic cocktails and competing in competitions to networking, branding, social media and wellness, to name just a few. It will cover all the bases that you need to succeed and achieve star quality!
Confirmed mentors so far (more will be added over the next month!):
- Joyce de Haas, co-founder, Double Dutch
- Raissa de Haas, co-founder, Double Dutch
- Georgi Radev, Creative Director, Laki Kane
- Kelly Harrison, Head of Bars, New World Trading Company
- Michele Lombardi, Head Mixologist, D&D
- James Goggin, Head of Sales, Empirical Spirits
- Declan McGurk, Commercial Director, Boatyard Distillery
- Will Partridge, Owner, Heads & Tails
- Raffaele Di Monaco, Head of Bars, The Berkeley
- Emma Murphy, Owner, Hacha Bar
- Nicolas Medicamento, Digital Executive, UK Bartenders Guild & Founder, Doctor Cocktail
- Harp Mann, Mixologist, Drink Content Innovator & Social Media Pro, Mix Mann
- Claudia Carrozzi, President, United Kingdom Bartenders Guild
- Becky Davies, Head of Commercial, Ten Locks
- Lucia Montanelli, Head Bartender, The Dorchester Hotel
- Emma Stokes, Gin Monkey
- Laura Brady, World Class Finalist, The Netherlands, Bartender and Co-founder Groovy Fluids
How to apply
All information supplied will be kept confidential.
Applications are now closed. Successful candidates will be notified very soon…